How to reduce weight post pregnancy?

Hi, I am looking for ways to lose weight post my pregnancy. it's been 10 months since my delivery now, and i have gained around 12 kgs extra ( from 58 kgs before pregnancy) and unable to shed those extra weight.

Please help and suggest.

Comments

• Losing weight while nursing or post that, can be brought about by simple steps. Successful weight loss can be achieved through a combined nutritional and behavioural approach.

1. Spread food throughout the day to meet energy needs. Eat 5 to 6 small meals a day with healthy snacks. Make sure you start your day with a healthy breakfast.
    2. Do not skip meals. With a new baby, many new moms forget to eat. If you do not eat, you will have less energy, and it will not help you lose weight.
    3. Criteria for weight reducing diets are deficient in energy, easily adapted from family meals, add sufficient bulk to provide satiety.
    4. Slow down. When you take your time eating, you will notice that it is easier to tell that you are full. It is tempting to multitask, but if you focus on your meal you will be less likely to overeat.
    5. Foods to be used in restricted amounts or avoided are high fat foods, high carb foods like cookies, jams, potatoes, and carbonated and malted beverages like fruit juices and alcoholic drinks.
    6. When you reach for a snack try to include foods with fiber and protein to help keep you full (such as raw bell pepper or carrot with bean dip, apple slices with peanut butter, or a slice of whole-wheat toast with hard-boiled egg). 
    7. Drink at least 12 cups of fluid a day - Keep a water bottle near the spot where you usually feed the baby, that way you'll remember to drink when they do.
    8. Choose whole fruit over fruit juice and broiled or baked rather than fried foods.
    9. Limit sweets, sugar, saturated fat and trans fats.

A healthy diet combined with regular exercise is the best way to shed the pounds. Exercise will help you lose fat instead of muscle.

1. Once you are ready to start losing weight, eat a little less and move a little more each day. It may be tempting to push yourself into a hard routine for fast weight loss. But rapid weight loss is not healthy and is hard on your body.
    2. DO NOT overdo it. Just a quick walk around the block with your baby in the stroller is a great way to start adding exercise to your daily routine.

Losing weight post pregnancy is not difficult but it should not be hurried. Take care!