Welcome back to our lockdown series. In part one, we paid emphasis on what changes we can make in our dietary habits during this lockdown. In part two, we shall pay heed to our lifestyle habits.
Our lifestyle, our behavioural orientations, decide the quality of life we live, how happy, how peaceful, how productive we are. Read on to find out three easy practices we can imbibe in our daily lives which will help us lead better lives.
- As soon as you wake up and sit up, drink some water and take a few minutes to sit in silence, with your eyes closed.
- Instead of rushing into the day with multiple thoughts and leftover sleep, give yourself some me-time.
- It is fine if you are addicted to checking your phone, first think after you open your eyes.
- Once you are done with checking your phone, keep it aside, close your eyes and sit in silence.
- Allow thoughts to flow, whatever they may be.
- Once you feel you are still and blank, start focussing on your incoming and outgoing breaths, for as long as you are able to.
- Next, think of all things you are grateful for in your life and list them mentally.
- Open your eyes, and ease yourself into the day.
- This three step method will only take a few minutes, but see your life change!
- Give yourself the responsibility of doing three chores everyday, this lockdown.
- Working from home or not, make those chores yours and do them sincerely.
- Feeling accomplished is very important for our mental health. It boosts our self esteem.
- Example, take responsibility of evening tea, watering the plants and doing the dishes.
- Take three chores according to your physical ability and time on hand, and make them your duty. You could cook one meal or do the laundry.
- Sense of accomplishment will help you sleep better too!
- Practising Surya Namaskar, every day can be the best lifestyle changing habit you can gift yourself this lockdown.
- Surya Namaskar is composed of twelve yoga asanas and is a full body workout.
- It helps lose weight from all areas of the body and reduces anxiety and blood sugar levels.
- It does not need any equipment and the whole family can come together at a fixed time, say, 6pm and practise Surya Namaskar.
- It helps the body detox and improves the digestive system.
- During these times of no physical activity, it can help you stay active especially if you are missing your gym!
- Most workouts focus on any one particular area of the body unlike Surya-Namaskar which is a complete body workout.
- Note : Do not perform if you are pregnant or have back troubles. Start from four sets and progress according to your ability.
The purpose of our lives is to be calm, productive and active. Let us bring in our lives some happy habits this lockdown.
Wishing you a better health alwatys,
Note: Please follow out FB and insta page for more updates on nutrition, recipes and healthy living.