Hair loss is one of the most common problems worldwide and it’s affecting one-third of the population. Everyone loses 100 hair strands each day.
But if the hair loss is more than 100 hairs for a male it may end up with bald spots and for females the hair on the top of your head is slowly thinning.
Hair loss is a process that may differ from person to person.and for some, it may be gradual, while others may experience sudden loosening of hair and patches of baldness all over their head.
What causes hair loss ?
- Family History: In most cases, hair loss is inherited, which means it's passed down from one or both of your parents. This is called male-pattern or female-pattern hair loss.
- Hormonal Imbalances: Hair fall in women is very common due to their different stages of life such as Pregnancy , Menopause and also due to any hormonal disorders like Thyroid and PCOS. Whereas in males can lose hair as their hormonal composition changes with age.
- Thyroid Disorder: Thyroid is one of the most common hormone-related causes for hair loss and commonly seen in females and it could be either Hypothyroid or Hyperthyroid.
- Stress: Including physical stress from surgery, illness, or high fever can also lead to hair loss.
- Medications: While certain medications can affect your hair health and one of the side effects of these medications can lead to hair loss which includes Chemotherapy , thyroid medications, some oral contraceptives, beta-blockers, antidepressants etc.
- Other Medical Conditions: Some Medical conditions can lead to abnormal balding such as Diabetes, Renal Failure, Liver diseases ,Skin conditions such as Psoriasis and Dermatitis can occur on the scalp which can interfere with hair growth and Infections such as ringworm of the scalp and folliculitis can also cause hair loss.
- Poor Nutrition: When your Diet lacks in Protein, Healthy Fats and other Vitamins and Minerals like Iron , Vitamin B12, Vitamin D, Zinc, Copper , Biotin etc or suffering from any of these Nutritional Deficiencies can also lead to hair loss and can also affect hair growth.
How can one combat their hair falling out ?
- By Balancing your Hormones and managing your thyroid.
- Giving your Hair Proper Nutrition via Balanced Diet.
- Managing stress by doing some kind of physical exercise , yoga or meditation.
- Do not consume over dosage of any medications.